Finding Freedom

Photo by: Mi Pham

Sometimes I dwell on my feelings...those emotions that try to overwhelm me.

I buy into the repeat story that I am rejected, that something is wrong with me. This repeat story is a thief that needs to be arrested.

I need to stop asking myself the question:

"Why don't others like me?"

Questions of this type keep you in bondage...keep you from healing and moving forward.  These ugly questions keep you from embracing freedom.




"I will walk in freedom, for I have devoted myself to your commandments." 
Psalm 119: 45 NIV



"Why do I continue to rob myself of joy and peace?"

It is often that I forget what I already know.


I know that my feelings don't tell the whole story.
I must choose happiness.


I know that my feelings don't tell the whole story.
I must choose joy. 


I know that my feelings don't tell the whole story.
I must choose contentment.


I must learn the parts of me that are not dependent on my circumstances.
I must learn the parts of me that are not afraid to be happy.
I must learn the parts of me that are lead by truth.




"And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." 
John 8: 32 NIV

Comments

Popular Posts