Matthew 6:26


Photo by: Kyle Szegedi

Sometimes I have to stop to ask myself this question:

"Do I believe that God will take care of me?"

Our thoughts on provision are often demonstrated in our actions. I have found that in my world, there is a constant need to figure everything out.  I must have the perfect plan. I need to know what I don't know. I need to have the answers to all of my questions.  

But will all of this striving towards having it all figured out work for me? 

Will it bring me closer to a sense of peace in my life?


"Stripping Away"
One lesson that I have learned during this season is that God's plan of action often differs from mine. God has taken me down the path of stripping. Stripping away all that is comfortable, as well as predictable. Stripping away my confidence in being able to figure it all out. 

He showed me that my confidence is not in what I see as a guarantee.  My confidence is in what He gives as His assurance. He showed me His assurance in the taking and giving back parts of my life. He showed me His assurance and that He is the ultimate source.

In ways that I could not imagine, my faith in the provision aspect of life has altered.  

He showed me new possibilities of His blessings, even in the moments that I felt the sky had fallen. He showed me that I was still in the palm of His hand and His assurance was never ending.

And through all of the rough patches, I have surrendered to the fact that God is my provider. My degrees do not sustain me. My account balance does not sustain me. 

The Great I Am is my sustenance.

In this season, I know that is true.  With God, the possibilities are endless. I await on the possibilities that can only come from the ultimate source.  I await the chance to see what possibilities He creates just for me.

Comments

Popular Posts