Recognizing Spiritual Attack

Photo by: Aaron Burden

It is often when you are turning the corner that the enemy comes in to attack.  He seeks to attack the progress you are making.  This progress is visible when you are demonstrating the determination and strength to take a "no holds barred" approach to life.

Make no mistake, the enemy is real...


"Sneaky Attempts"

The bondage of fear tries to sneak in and take hold of your progress.  This trick of the enemy seeks to destroy any movement towards permanent, and lasting change in your life. However, if you have found yourself in this type of attack, I encourage you to not be dissuaded.

I have found the liberty that Christ died to give me. 

I have found the treasure that has always been right here with me.  

I have found the gift of that only my Savior can give.  

That freedom can not be found in fear and confusion and doubt and worry and feeling like a victim.  


Make no mistake, my Savior is real...


"Opening the Door"
You see, I opened the door...I opened the door to letting others in on what God has been sharing with me. Once I opened that door, I stopped sitting on the lessons that provided a transformation in my life. But once I opened that door, it also meant that the lessons that were transforming me, would start to also transform others.  And that presented a threat.

It is imperative that we all pay attention, close attention, to the ways that the enemy tries to "steal, kill, and destroy". He wants to block the breakthrough of so many of us. He wants us to continue to live chained to ruminating thoughts, thinking "less than" of ourselves and others. He wants us to believe that we are not recipients of God's love. He wants us to believe that God has left the building. He wants to take us from our divine purpose and throw us off track.

Therefore, if you find yourself in this type of attack, call upon God and know that He hears your cry. Remember to stand firm in your faith. But don't stop. You must continue to move forward. In every way possible, acknowledge the fact that God is your protection and you have nothing to fear.

Let Psalm 91 be your sword. 

"Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty. This I declare about the Lord: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; He is my God and I trust Him. For He will rescue you from every trap and protect you from deadly disease. He will cover you with His feathers. He will shelter you with His wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection."

Psalm 91: 1-4


Comments

Popular Posts