When God Takes Your Hand (Part I)

Photo by: Anisur Rahman


The journey with God is never dull.  One of the interesting things that I have found is that God is still able to transform the most routine situations into something wonderful.  He reveals Himself to us in different and unexpected ways. I would like to take a moment to share with you one such morning that He did just that.

"My Encounter"
Upon finishing a brief meeting one morning, I was walking to the elevator and happened to glance up. I noticed a young lady coming down the hallway. She appeared to be visually impaired.  As I noticed that she was also headed toward the elevator, I suddenly started to tense up on the inside.  Despite my nonchalant gesture of sipping water and staring out the window as I waited, my body began to react with an uneasy feeling.  Now to many, this may sound like an overreaction, and I tend to agree. However, needless to say, in that moment, I was hesitant of my actions. While standing beside her, I was totally unsure of myself.

Once the doors closed, the young lady asked if I could push the button for the second floor. As I pressed the button, and she thanked me, I was struck by how at ease she was, and how uneasy I felt.  In addition, my mind wondered if I seemed a bit anxious to her, and it did not dawn on me until later that she was unable to see me or my reaction.  Therefore, my anxiety level and apprehension went unnoticed, despite my heightened awareness to same.

As I walked away from the building to my car, I glanced back and saw that she had finished making a phone call, and was awaiting a ride to her next destination.  My feelings of nervousness subsided a bit. Yet, the entire situation left a feeling of curiosity lingering in my mind.  As I digested what had just occurred, my schedule did not allow me to decipher why I felt uneasy in those few moments. However, afterward, I ran the scene back through my mind and a few revelations came to view.

In Part II of this blog post, I will share with you the revelations that were shown to me.

Comments

Popular Posts