Psalms 146:8

Photo by: Axel Antas Bergkvist

I had the power of choice. And I didn't recognize it. 

Some time ago, the limitations of my thinking called out to the negative space, and provided me the wrong answer.  The limitations in my thinking called out to a cycle of dead thoughts.  Wasted time and space.

I have given too much time in my life to choosing thoughts that weighed me down. Being unhappy in the place that I was in.  Not paying attention to choices that I made. Not paying attention to the words that I spoke. Not paying attention to the path that I chose.

And then God blew a fresh wind in my direction.  He cleared the crevices and dark spaces.  He began to rewrite the script that I had rehearsed and memorized.

He pointed me in the direction of obedience. He pointed me in the direction of humility. He pointed me in the direction of truth.  And I followed...

I found a whole new perspective on the power of choice.  I found that I can take flight and soar.  I found that I can be bold and tenacious and not have to ask permission.

I found that the direction of obedience was cleaner and wiser. I found that the direction of humility provided protection. I found that the direction of truth provided clarity, as well as my identity.

I have the power of choice. And now I recognize it.


Comments

Popular Posts