God's Masterpiece

Photo by: Jon Tyson

There are times that I live in a dark place in my mind. I  fight against the true nature of who God called me to be.

I long to be more than I am.  I long to accomplish more than I can.  I long for the unattainable goals that don't measure my worth.

However, I fail to remember that the truth of who I am is expressed in Ephesians 2:10.


“For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, 
so we can do the good things He planned for us long ago.” 

Ephesians 2: 10 (NLT)


I should relish in the fact that this is the truth and always has been the truth.

I am God’s masterpiece…His handiwork. 


You are God's masterpiece...His handiwork


So why do we tarnish His masterpiece by thinking the least about ourselves? Why do we strive for things that can't define us?

God granted us a freedom beyond measure by choosing us to be in Christ, the Savior.  God wanted us to be spotless and viewed without sin, so that we would be faultless in His eyes. He loved us that much.

Therefore, I should not question who I am, or what status I have. I should not question if I am doing enough or being enough.  I don't have to do any of that because...


I am God's masterpiece, His handiwork.
 

Comments

Popular Posts