The Ephesians 1 Moment


Photo by: Brigitte Tohm

Even before He made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in His eyes. God decided in advance to adopt us into His own family by bringing us to Himself through Jesus Christ. This is what He wanted to do, and it gave Him great pleasure.”

Ephesians 1: 4-5 NLT

I was awakened to the treasure of Ephesians 1 through a chance encounter.  I will never regret the fact that God spoke through someone to show me how much He loved me.  It was at a time in my life where I was struggling to learn what love means. In particular, learning how to love myself as God loves me.   The depth of Ephesians 1: 4-5 can phenomenally change your thinking.  I want to take a moment to break down the intricate level of God’s love in those verses.

Verse 4 speaks volumes about the magnitude of love God had for us. This verse tells us that before God made the world, we were in his thoughts.

Can you even imagine the possibility that before the world was formed, we were loved?  

Can you imagine the possibility that before the world existed, and we existed, love existed? 

That is too powerful for me to comprehend.

God also loved us so much that He made a Savior for us even before the world existed.  He loved us so much that He presented freedom from our sinful nature, and we had not even been created.  Can you imagine how much love it would take to equal what God did?


God’s love is immeasurable.


If you have had periods of struggling to understand this concept called love, like I have, I encourage you to pray the following prayer. This prayer is derived directly from the prayer that Paul prayed in Ephesians 1.


The Ephesians 1: 16-19 prayer:

“I pray and ask You God, that I may be given spiritual wisdom and insight, so that I might grow in my knowledge of You.  I pray that my heart will be flooded with light so that I can understand the confident hope that You have given to me, Your child.  I pray to that I am reminded that I am rich, and am a receipient of your glorious inheritance. Lastly, God, I pray that I will come into a better understanding of the incredible greatness of Your power for me." 

In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts